Thursday, May 27, 2010

A Brief Introduction

With this, my first post, and my first step into very new territory, I aim to simply give a brief introduction, more to my intentions with this blog than to myself personally.

I do not intend, in this post, to go into great detail about my beliefs - those you'll learn about as you (or should I say, if you) come back and keep reading. What follows here is one essential.

My prayer for this blog is that it will provide a medium through which I can share my thoughts, feelings, convictions, and understandings of Scripture with anyone who stumbles across it and desires to read them. Additionally, I do sincerely hope that people will feel open to pose any questions, ask for clarification of anything I say, present any opposing beliefs they may have (respectfully, I should hope), or simply speak their own mind.

I do all of this with one primary, ultimate driving force - I pray that in all of my efforts my heart and mind would be humbly unified toward the goal of glorifying God.

If I am certain of anything at all, it is that glorifying God is the central and foundational driving force of the Christian life. It is, in fact, the purpose of the entire creation; but what sets Christians apart is that we have been awakened to this - our one true purpose, the end for which we were created - and we have tasted the overwhelming joy found only in Him.

While I'm still a very young Christian, and my "vision" of any specific calling God may have on my life is still somewhat vague, I have no doubt that there is one inescapable and irrefutable calling for all Christians - to forsake all hope in worldly pleasures and promises; to trust in God's promise, that He is the infinitely desirable and infinitely satisfying Treasure of the universe, the One for whom we were created; and to serve Him, not begrudgingly, but joyfully.

God alone can satisfy our hearts, minds and souls, which are filled with endless cravings... and He wants to!

It is one thing to grasp a mental understanding of a fact as tremendous as that. It is something else entirely, an unforgettable and irreplaceable experience, to be struck with a sudden ability to truly feel that fact.


One other thing which I wish to emphasize here is that I pray that I will never stray - in all of life as well as in my efforts here -  from following Peter’s instruction to do all things “by the strength that God supplies – in order that in everything God may be glorified through Jesus Christ. To him belong glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen” (1 Peter 4:11, ESV).

If I should ever learn or understand any truth, communicate and express anything understandably, or simply do anything that is in any way beneficial to anyone, through this or any means, then "it was not I, but the grace of God that is with me" (1 Cor. 15:10, ESV).

"For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen" (Rom. 11:36, ESV).


With love in Christ,

Alan

No comments:

Post a Comment